Re: Teradata article about exadata

  • From: Justin Mungal <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris Stephens <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 08:31:37 -0600

*Oracle advocates the SAME allocation policy for data warehousing because
it believes that in its shared disk environment this policy optimizes
access performance across diverse access patterns to different tables.
While it’s possible to control data allocation manually, as the number of
tables grows, the complexity of specifying data placement manually becomes
quickly unmanageable.*

Hmm. The paper predates 12c ADO, So I'm guessing they consider 11g ILM to
be "manual" data allocation that quickly becomes unmanageable?

Marketing...