TOAD as production application?

  • From: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:17:18 -0400

Probably an old topic for most, but here goes.
I am debating how much "push back" to present to
developers wanting to use TOAD as part of a routine
semi-automated production data load application.

Basically, we're loading XSL style sheets into an 8i
DB. BLOB is crapping out, TOAD cut and paste (the mind
reels) works, and I would think CLOB or -- gasp -- a
roll-your-own solution using the nascent XDK available
in 8i would be best.

My gut says using TOAD in the data chain is wrong, but
I am wondering if I should take a powder or not.

So: The Question:

Do you folks use TOAD in this manner? What are your
thoughts on it?

Thanks in Advance for any received wisdom,

~Ross