RE: TOAD as production application?

  • From: Kevin Lange <klange@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:26:02 -0500

My philosophy has always been that relying on any '3rd party' application to
consistantly do any production work is a bad idea.

As a first choice I would rather see an in-house application that you have
full control of (i.e. control of changes, upgrades, format, etc.).

If that is not possible then my second choice would be a product that is
fully supported by biggest portion of the app (in this case Oracle).  Their
own XDK would be an example of this type of software.

Just an opinion ... for that its worth.

Kevin