Re: Sticky bit set on linux password file

  • From: Kurt Franke <Kurt-Franke@xxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:11:58 +0200

Hi Jared,

its just for Security.

On System where chown is allowed for everey user for security reasons
the setuid-Bit is always deleted if a file is chowned.
Thus if a set setuid-Bit is desired for the Password File by the Oracle Server
and its use is refused otherwise no one but root can make a password file gift
to the oracle unix user.

Regards

kf

While going through an annual sarbox task I noticed that on Linux (