Re: Standby abuse

  • From: "Dominic Delmolino" <ddelmoli@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:07:02 -0500

Dick,
But that's only if I used RMAN to backup the Logical Standby and recover the
Primary from those backups, right?  Surely I can use RMAN to backup and
recover the Standby itself, can't I?

I understand that attempting to recover the Primary database using backups
of the Logical Standby won't work.  Scenarios requiring recovery of the
Primary would require failover and rebuild (which I understand would be
extensive / expensive).

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
Dominic Delmolino