Re: Standby abuse

  • From: "Dominic Delmolino" <ddelmoli@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:51:43 -0500

Dick,

I'd argue that I could definitely off-load my backup needs if I only cared
about the data, and not so much of the physical aspects of how it's laid
out.  I generally don't like to use ROWIDs as data values since they can
change, and I can't think of a reason why I'd care if the object id's were
different -- can you give me an example?

--
Dominic Delmolino