Sql Query

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:57:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everybody

  I need some SQL expert Help to write a complex query( atleast for me)

  I am writing a procedure which will be passed a string which consist of value
like
  (col1,value,col2,value,col3,value, and so on)

  What I need is that it should be changed to
  col1=value
  and col2=value
  and col3=value

  In addition, there are three rules
  Rule 1
  -------
  If col1 and col2 are same,[ only adjacent col can be same], then search
string should be like Col1 in (value1,value2)

  Rule 2
  ------
  If col contain value like ABC% then search string for that col is COL3 LIKE
ABC%

  Rule 3
  if two adjacent col contains value AAAA and ABC%, then it should be
transformed into
  (COL3 ='AAA' or COL3 like ABC%)

  Also any suggestion as how I can check if the value is number or String

  The String passed will be like

  Col1,111,Col2,AAAA,Col2,AB%,COL2,BBBB,Col3,23454,Col3,1212

  Thanks
  Sanjay