RE: Solaris 10 x64, EMC Powerpath and ASM

  • From: "Martin Bach" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 18:37:15 +0100 (CET)

Sorry-resending due to overquoting ...

Hi all,

thanks for all the information-so far so good. Most of the information
available on the net seems to focus on Solaris SPARC, but the disk names
are slightly different on Solaris Intel. What I'm trying to do is to
create a partition (not slice) for my ASM disk, skipping the first 3 or so
cyclinders to preserve the disk meta information.

And EMC docs don't seem to be out there for grabs explaining the name of
the device, what the _whole_ disk is etc.

Grmph.