Re: Shared pool from 8i to 9i

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:53:50 -0700

That was what I was wondering. I have worked with Peoplesoft
applications for for the past 10+ years and I have never run into shared
pool memory (4031) problems and I keep the shared pool deliberately
rather small since Peoplesoft is not very good at cursor sharing.
I know that's not the OP's question, but the answer depends a lot on the
type of application. If it uses Java or lots of PL/SQL code the shared
pool footprint may very well change from 8i to 9i. But more than 4-fold
seems excessive.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling