Shared pool from 8i to 9i

  • From: "Kline.Michael" <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:48:51 -0500

I converted hpux 8.1.7.4 to Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release
9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production.

Shared pool was originally around 80M and never had any problems for
over a year.

I got a memory error, and then we upped it to 100M, then 160M, and
finally 400M.

ALTER SYSTEM SET shared_pool_size=400M SCOPE=BOTH;

Is this typical?

I start getting a lot of:

Thu Jan 20 06:24:13 2005

Errors in file /u001/app/oracle/admin/DPFRPT/bdump/dpfrpt_cjq0_7146.trc:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1

ORA-01003: no statement parsed

And

There are 722 memory allocation errors for object-level stat

 in the last 15 minutes

 There are 13884 memory allocation errors for object-level stat

 in the last 15 minutes

 There are 8339 memory allocation errors for object-level stat

 in the last 15 minutes

Mon Jan 10 06:00:16 2005

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Technology Center
1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Virginia  23227
Outside 804.261.9446
STNet 643.9446

Cell 804.744.1545
 <mailto:michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx> michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx
The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.