RE: Shared Disk Oracle RAC

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:08:56 -0700

powepath can be active:active as well

________________________________

        From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra
        Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 2:23 PM
        To: bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: RE: Shared Disk Oracle RAC

        Bryan

        Thanks for the Link. My configuration is exactly like it where both
Dell server are attached to the EMC through Fiber Channel. Each Dell server has
two HBA [ Second for failover]. I check the docuement refer by Site and can see
all partition on Server 1 but it is not visible on Server 2 in /proc/partitions

        If we shutdown the server 1, then all partition are visible on Server2
as per Sysadmin. I didn't check it byt sysadmin says that it is because of EMC
powerpath.
        . Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting
at 1¢/min.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com>