RE: Can't see index from package

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <knightjck_work@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:58:22 -0400

Jonathan,

If the owner of the PL/SQL stored object has grants on
cp_owner.cp_table_name only via a role, the query will return no rows
from within PL/SQL because roles are disabled in PL/SQL.

Try granting the owner of the PL/SQL object a direct grant (select is
good enough) on cp_owner.cp_table_name.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."   --Robert A. Heinlein