Re: Second listener is not working

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:16:45 -0500 (CDT)

Hi J.,

Your instance, specifically PMON, is autoregistering the instance to the
default listener, which is called LISTENER and is at port 1521.  If you do a
"lsnrctl status listener", you should see all your databases, regardless of
whether or not they're in the listener.ora.

To prevent the autoregistration, look up the LOCAL_LISTENER init.ora parameter.

Also, in most flavors of Linux, you can see active ports with the netstat
command:

        netstat -l

or

        netstat -l | grep LISTEN

should give you what you need.

Given the nature of your question, you will want to read up on the Listener:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/network.920/a96580/listener.htm

Only one is generally needed per server and can handle multiple
instances/services.  Of course, there are exceptions...  :)

HTH!  GL!

Rich