RE: SQL*Plus Client on Windows

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:27:32 -0400

True.   You could however, (for < 10g), incorporate the appropriate
parts into scripts named prompt.sql and connect.sql   (or use 10g
client).

When connecting from sql prompt SQL > @PROMPT or @CONNECT .
connect.sql could call prompt.sql automagically.

@connect  prompts you from username password etc.

@prompt is if you are already connected... sets the prompt.

Really 10g obsoletes all this so you could install 10g client and all
can be set from glogin.sql.    Then you can connect from one database to
another and your prompt will change automagically even if you are
connecting to Oracle 9 databases.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx