Re: SQL Performance Analyzer like software for 9iR2

  • From: "Anjo Kolk" <anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:34:23 +0200

Capturing the bind variable values on the fly can be done but it has an high
overhead. One also needs to the map the PGAs for the processes that you are
interested in. So there is a lot overhead and system calls that need to be
done in order to get some values.

We had a prototype going of this, but the overhead was too high and you
needed to be very selective (which pgas and at what time). May be one day
this will become a product :)

Anjo.

--
Anjo Kolk