SDU, TDU, Listener and ThinClient

  • From: "Bellow, Bambi" <bbellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Multiple Recipients of List ORACLE-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:00:39 -0600

Friends --

I have set my SDU to 5840 and my TDU to 29200.  I have bounced the listener.
And we're seeing the client pass the SDU in successfully, but the ACCEPT
operation is setting the SDU to 2048, which, of course, is the default.  The
client is using java's thinclient and is setting the SDU/TDU in the connect
string from the client end.  Maybe I'm still in weekend mode, but I can't
seem to get around some kind of hard limit somewhere.  SDU, as I recall, can
go up to 32k, so why's it crapping out at 2k?

TIA,
Bambi.