Re: Running Oracle and SQL Server on the same box

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:41:40 +0000

On 1/11/06, Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> or a 7th grade science class "if a closed room has a refridgerator running
> with the door left open, will the room temperature increase, decrease or
> stay the same".
>
> In both cases, the power company wins and the (system entropy) room
> temperature increases.

In the interests of science I should add that this is not in fact theory. We
ourselves performed this experimentally with some servers, an (almost)
closed room and a portable aircon unit that didn't in fact vent hot air
outside the room as we had been led to believe, but rather just piped it
into a sealed ceiling space within the room.:(  It was oracle6 on SCO though
so probably a mercy killing.

We did melt some ceiling tiles as well mind.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA