RE: Running Oracle and SQL Server on the same box

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:59:36 -0600

VMS 4 from the "new" TK50s, PDP-ll from those wierd metal-backed
cassettes whose name escapes me, TOPS-20 restore from thirteen 1600bpi
9-tracks, created punched-hole carriage control ribbons for a
Honeywell-Bull impact printer with a cool glue whose flashpoint was
slightly above room temp, and to top it off:

        Oracle 9iR2 remotely from *three* CDs using the NFS
mount/exportfs/edit/exportfs/umount trick.  Ugh!

That kinda stuff look good on a resume these days?  ;)

Glad we have DVDs now.  Maybe the next version of Oracle will only take
two of them...

Rich