Re: Rolling Opatch Commands

  • From: Rajesh Aialavajjala <r.aialavajjala@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ckaj111@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:55:07 -0400

Chris,
What CPU are you trying to apply ? In a RAC installation - I'd "guess"
that the preferred choice as defined by the README would be to use "opatch
auto"

These documents might help...

Rolling Patch - OPatch Support for RAC (Doc ID 244241.1)
FAQ: OPatch/Patch Questions/Issues for Oracle Clusterware (Grid
Infrastructure or CRS) and RAC Environments (Doc ID 1339140.1)

Thanks,

--Rajesh

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Chris King <ckaj111@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello All,
Please excuse this newbee question.
I'm applying a rolling opatch (CPU) to an 11.2.0.3 RAC installation on
linux, and none of the documents seem to point me to the
instructions/commands on how to execute a rolling patch with opatch. They
are not included in the readme, nor in the documents referenced in the
readme.

Where can I find the actual commands to run to execute an opatch rolling
patch?

Thanks!