Regarding Input/Output and Storge Layout

  • From: "Shastry(DBA)" <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:51:13 +0530

 Hi Gurus,

I am working on Performance improvement related to Input/Output and Storage
layout and planning to prepare a brief excel with server info and disk
details where and how control files, redo log, datafiles, and archive logs
mirroring with SAN/local disks. I am a newbie to PT and need inputs how well
information can be captured/collected in first place and based on that how
the improvements can be done? Please provide your inputs,guidance,pointers
and light to proceed.

Thanks,
Ann