RE: Re[2]: More on Subquery Madness

  • From: Katz.C@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx, justin@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:22:18 -0400

To me it looks like, in the first paper he says that Oracle's implemention
is simply wrong.

In the second paper, he adds that the there are there are two kinds of
restrictive relational expressions (un-ordered ones and ordered ones). The
Gennick problem concerns an ordered restrictive relational expression.
Oracle's implentation is not right, but the cause of the problem, is that
SQL itself doesn't distinguish between these two types of expressions (so
it's not only Oracle).

(Maybe we should give Oracle implementation a null rather than a true or
false?)

Chaim