Re[2]: More on Subquery Madness

  • From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Justin Cave" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:58:34 -0400

Monday, September 27, 2004, 1:25:50 PM, Justin Cave (justin@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
JC> Reading Date's two replies, it seems that he reaches the opposite conclusion
JC> in the later discussion-- SQL is unable to express certain relational
JC> algebra concepts properly-- than he did originally-- Oracle's optimizer is
JC> behaving incorrectly.

I suspect he would say that both are true :-)

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to Oracle-article-request@xxxxxxxxxxx and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.