Re: RTFM, Newbies etc

  • From: "Ryan" <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:36:37 -0400

When you do something for a while, it becomes easy to find information in the
documentation. I don't see a problem with people asking simple questions. If
you don't want to answer them, then don't. If you want to help, post a link to
where to find the answers. If you look on asktom, tom posts a link to
documented information. He gets alot of newbie questions.

The sql tuning questions get old, however, each person asking them is a newbie.
How are they going to know what to do? They probably have a manager giving them
a hard time to solve the problem. There is an author I used to like to read. I
went on a forum one time and asked when the next book was coming out. There was
a debate with over 100 posts trying to decide how big of an idiot I was for
asking that question. I never went back to the forum.

How hard is it to sort the list by subject line in your mailbox? Just look at
questions you are interested in.