Re: RMAN RESTORE TO A DIFFERENT SID

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joscott2011.mail@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:01:13 -0300

 John:

  No, you can't. There are some options (transportable tablespaces) but I
think you have to do it from the source.

  Best option is to create a new DB in nomount, restore the controlfiles
(you will need to set the DBID to the same as the old db) and then restore
the DB and use nid to change the dbid/db_name.

HTH
Alan.-