RE: Queueing Theory in Oracle

  • From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:30:05 +0000

It's an interesting question - and I don't think you can find a current metric
that would help unless you started doing something a little clever with ASH.

In an OLTP system something like 'buffer gets per user call" would probably be
a reasonable fit - but there's no capture at that granularity. Similarly disc
I/O requests per call might be appropriate.  Then there are things like disk
I/O requests per disc per second.  But every possibility I think of requires
too fine a level of granularity unless you can find a way to construct a valid
model from the samples in v$active_session_history.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
@jloracle