Question on larger than 30 char entity in 12c

  • From: Hanan Hit <hithanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle L <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 07:17:49 -0700

Hi List,

I am working with 12c and was able to use the new large data type for VARCHAR2
etc.
I am now using a VARCHAR2(32767) and NVARCHAR2(16383)

Now I noticed at the Data Dict that tables and other entities are defined as

SQL> desc user_tables
 TABLE_NAME                                NOT NULL VARCHAR2(128)

But I am unable to create a table with large than 30 char (old restrictions).

Do anyone know if this is doable (I recall reading that in some Oracle Doc ) or
do I need to turn another init.ora parameter?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best,
        Hanan