Re: Question On Data Guard And Database Refreshes

  • From: Justin Mungal <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: srcdco@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 14:02:06 -0500

Sounds fine to me, just keep an eye on how many archive logs the import
generates. You can make the process quicker if there are only certain
schemas that need to be refreshed. I use Data Pump to do refreshes this way
as well. The process on the dev system I follow is pretty simple: record
the password hash, drop the schema(s), run the import, reset the password
hashes if needed, and update stats. You may want to log out of any
production systems before dropping schemas. :)