RE: Q: redo bytes statistics is it sum of all members or not ?

  • From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:39:22 +0000

You're correct.
You could think of it as a "logical" measure of redo generated and written.

When you look at the stat physical write total bytes", that's when you have to
multiple by the number of copies before adding to the total, and don't forget
that "redo blocks written" is derived from "redo size" + "redo wastage".

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
@jloracle