RE: Profile (Idle Time Issue)

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:05:25 -0500

Is resource_limit = true in your Init.ora file?  If not then the profile is
crippled.  BTW, that's a continuous problem with people who use MicroSlop web
development tools.  Actually it's a problem with the tool, not the developer.
I've worked with some of our ASP programmers here & seen that they do issue a
disconnect command in the app & that the command returns success, whatever that
means.  Personally I think it's a MicroSlop thing to tell IIS that it can
ignore that connection only.  Get them to switch to Apache & PHP. preferably on
Linux.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA