RE: Process field on v$session

  • From: "QuijadaReina, Julio C" <QuijadJC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peter Gram" <peter.gram@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:10:56 -0400

Peter,

Our app server is a Windows box running 2k and our Oracle db server is
an Alpha VMS. In effect like you said, the number before the ':' is the
app server process id. This I already tracked down to the Apache service
that runs on the app server. What intrigues me is the number after the
colon (from my example below that would be 2168.)

Really what I am after is to find a way to trace back to the web users
(our students registering for classes) to be able to point out who is
consuming our Alpha box CPU. Interestingly enough, at the time that our
Alpha box is dragging, our app server shows no increase in process
consumption.=20

And thanks for the site. These guys definitely have some good tools for
networking and debugging.

Julio=20