RE: Porting Oracle Datafiles to an x86 machine

  • From: "Parker, Matthew" <matthewp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aamgms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 02:14:10 -0700

10G supports datafile conversion from Big Endian to Little Endian. For =
8.1.7 on AIX it would be worthwhile to look into the used market for IBM =
equipment, such as http://www.xcc.com. There are variety of other sites =
you can find through google. Most of the price will come down to how =
much disk space you need, since a lot of memory or cpu is not needed for =
a recovery test. A couple of years back I acquired a 500GB system for =
around 8K (yes more than a plain jane Intel system), but your milage =
will vary on how bad a company wants to get rid of a system.