RE: Poor Man's RAC environment

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:53:51 -0400

---By Wim Coekaerts
http://otn.oracle.com/oramag/webcolumns/2003/techarticles/coekaertsfirewiresetup.html

---by Brian Carr (bcarrdba@xxxxxxxxxx) and William Garrett (wgarrett@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.oraclenotes.com/articles/RacLinuxFirewire.htm
FireWire Real Application Cluster
Combine RAC, Linux and FireWire disk for low-cost development environment.

---by Jeffrey Hunter
http://otn.oracle.com/pub/articles/hunter_rac.html

hahaha...what is funny about this one is I have the orginal html doc (always
save this stuff, but that is just me).

The orginal doc is for 9i-RAC RH-Linux;
   Build Your Own RAC Cluster on Linux and FireWire
   by Jeffrey Hunter
   Learn how to set up and configure an Oracle Real Applications Cluster for
less than $1,500 (for development and testing only)
   Contents
   Overview
   Oracle9i Real Application Cluster (RAC) Introduction

Anyway, if you use the link you I provided above it is (now) for 10g-RAC
RH-Linux;

   Build Your Own Oracle RAC 10g Cluster on Linux and FireWire
   by Jeffrey Hunter
   Learn how to set up and configure an Oracle RAC 10g development cluster for
less than US$1,800.
   Contents
   # Introduction
   # Oracle RAC 10g Overview

Which one do you want?

Also from METALINK;
---Step-By-Step Installation of RAC on Linux

---Note:166830.1
Subject:        Setting up Real Application Cluster (RAC) environment on Linux
- Single node

---Note:205627.1
RAC Survival Kit: Real Application Clusters Troubleshooting and Information
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=205627.1

---Note:184821.1
Step-By-Step Installation of 9.2.0.5 RAC on Linux
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=184821.1
Note: This note was created for 9i RAC.  The 10g Oracle documentation provides
installation instructions for 10g RAC.  These instructions can be found on OTN:

---Note:241114.1
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=241114.1
To provide details of how to configure Oracle9i Oracle Real Application
Clusters (RAC) 9.2.0.3.0 on Linux on a single node.

RELATED DOCUMENTS
<<Note:237997.1>> Linux OCFS - Best Practices
<<Note:184821.1>> Step-by-Step Installation of RAC on Linux
<<Note:166830.1>> Setting up Real Application Cluster (RAC) environment on
Linux - Single node
<<Note:136077.1>> Setting up Oracle Parallel Server environment on Linux -
Single node
@<<Note:226570.1>> 9iRAC: OS Port-Specific Best Practices (INTERNAL ONLY)
<<Note:240575.1>> RAC on Linux Best Practices
Oracle Cluster File System Release 1.0 for Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1
Installation Notes November 2002 (Part B10499-01)
<<Note:224586.1>> Oracle Cluster File System (OCFS) on RedHat AS - FAQ
<<Note:208375.1>> How To Convert A Single Instance Database To RAC In A Cluster
File System Configuration

Again, I personaly have soft copies all of these docs so just let me know what
you want/need.

hth

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA