Re: Pga is growing on 11.2.2.0

  • From: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 23:59:19 +0200

+1

AMM is a piece of junk, last customer had 8GB memory_target and after a
week AMM set db_cache_size to 64M.. uh oh

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Rich Jesse <
rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don writes:

I'm probably a dinosaur and way behind in feature adoption, but I've been
burned by AMM thrashing the hell out of memory in the past as well.

Dinosaurs rock, AMM resizing does not. I had fun when a 3rd party app not
using binds caused the library cache to grow to more than 11GB. The
instance would effectively hang for 10 minutes when tables had stats
collected and then attempted to invalidate all affected 250K+ cursors.
Good
times...

Rich