RE: Performance Difference Between != and <>?

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: srcdco@xxxxxxx, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:12:07 +0800

Do you have any Stored Outline ? Stored Outlines do _exact_ (literal) matches
so if you have one Stored Outline for, say, the SQL with a "!=" and
none for the SQL with a "<>" (or a vice versa), the Stored Outline
might be using hints ? (although, come to think of it, your EXPLAIN PLAN
should have shown the hints if executing a Stored Outline ?)

At 08:32 PM Monday, Scott Canaan wrote:

Jonathan,
   Thank you for your answer.  We did do an explain plan on both
versions of the statement and they were identical, which is what is so
puzzling about this.