Re: Parallel update on non-partitioned tables - allowed at 10/11g?

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cam <kadmon@xxxxxxxxx>, greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:50:13 -0800 (PST)

Just my 2c on this one.  I'm at a company now that thinks every other statement
should be run in parallel, so educating everyone on every aspect of parallel
has become my mission..:)

Although I agree some of the older docs that they have kept around
can contradict a bit, between parallel DML and such, (I know I've had
questions on verify similar areas myself...)  the information in these docs are
of such value that they would most likely have to pry them from my cold, dead
hands... :)

My favorite?  The Oracle 8i parallel standards.  It has the most extensive list
of dba views for parallel out there...

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."