Re: Packaging Oracle Clients for install

  • From: "Frits Hoogland" <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:31:03 +0100

I currently use a very simple tarball with the client in it for linux
clients.
Works anytime.

But, because you refer to installation I guess you mean the oracle client
for windows?

(To double check the installation procedure, I build gcc 2.95.3 besides the
4.1 version (on the debian etch client), reset the symlink to gcc 2.95.3,
relink the client (check if it works :-), and set it back to gcc 4.1.)

frits

On 3/9/07, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Our team used install shield - it never really worked either. I think
I'd use instant client now.

On 3/9/07, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just curious about success stories creating installable
> packages of an Oracle client for installation via LanDesk
> or other means.
>
> We have tried using the Wise Installer, but it seems to
> choke on the number of files Oracle installs.
>
> If you have done this successfully, which packager did you use?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Jared Still

Niall Litchfield