Re: Packaging Oracle Clients for install

  • From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:58:00 -0500

If you need to install a patchset, you can create a response file for it and
use the NEXT_SESSION and NEXT_SESSION_RESPONSE parameters in the response
file to direct OUI to install it after the initial client install is
complete.  As for the .Net patches, I¹m not sure.  Perhaps you could record
their actions with WISE and have the batch file run that.

On 3/12/07 2:09 PM, Jared Still wrote:

> That's a good approach if you just need to do the initial install.
>
> In some cases we need to install 9i, install 2 levels of patches
> and then some .Net patches, some of which must be done
> manually.
>

> On 3/9/07, Jason Heinrich <jheinrich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I created a response file for OUI that contained all of the options I wanted
>> in a standard client install.  I then call it from a batch file, which also
>> sets up all the net config files.  If you wanted to use this method, there's
>> more info in the installation guide, in the appendix titled "Installing
>> Oracle Database Client Using Response Files."

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator
Pensacola Christian College