Overhead of Statspack at Level 7 in 10gR2 with RAC

  • From: "VIVEK_SHARMA" <VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tim@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:48:16 +0530

Hi Tim, Folks

What would be the Overhead of taking statspack snapshots at Level 7
(using the following 2 Statspack parameter) Sets for a RAC 10gR2 setup?

Is it ill-advised to collect Statspack Snapshots while taking final
readings of Performance Benchmark Runs (OLTP & Batch nature of
Transactions) as it may affect the Transaction per second (TPS) Results?

Statspack at default Level of 5 seemingly has negligible Overhead.

SQL Trace seemingly has a 25% Overhead approx.

Cheers

Vivek