Re: Oracle ventures into the O/S market.....?

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DGoulet@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:28:54 +0100

They've talked for a while about a transactional filesystem replacement for
NTFS, this keeps going back. Prior to that of course there was the object
oriented filesystem they threw a hell of a lot of R&D at in the late
nineties, that didn't see the light of day either. Oh and exchange server
was going to get a sqlserver engine at one point as well. I don't believe
any of these have seen the light of day.

cheers

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA