Oracle uses 100% CPU

  • From: "Foelz.Frank" <Foelz.Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:45:21 +0200

Hi,

what is the recommended DBA way, to determine, what is causing Oracle.exe to
consume 100% cpu time ?
We encounter this once in a while, and all of a sudden around 4am to 5am.
This affects some of our machines, but not all (and all have the very same
configuration) in a 3 to 4 day interval.

Running Oracle 9.2.0.1 on Windows XP

I know that this is a very vague description, but any hint is appreciated.

Thank you

> Frank <
Important Notice

This email and any files attached are confidential and may contain
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not
forward or disclose this email, open any attachments, make any copies or
save this email anywhere. Please delete this email from your system and
notify the sender (maybe via phone + 49-2166-266-0). Thank you very much.