Oracle upgrade

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:25:59 +0000

All,
                Before I go off like a gun in a colleagues face, has anyone had
their DATA_PUMP_DIR  changed when doing an Oracle upgrade?  A colleague of mine
did an upgrade of a dev database the other day for me from 11.2.0.2 to
11.2.0.3.  I had the DATA_PUMP_DIR pointed to an NFS mount to a san disk that
is also shared out with windows.  This way our developers can ask for a data
dump and have access to it from their desktops.  Well, today someone did & the
file did not appears as expected, so after the 3rd try I looked at the
definition and sure enough it had changed.  Anyone else have a similar
experience so I can blame Oracle.

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader