Re: Oracle upgrade

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:44:02 +0000

Hi.

Can't say I've noticed it myself, but did it change to
"$ORACLE_BASE/admin/SID/dpdump"?

This is the default for that directory, so it is not beyond the realms
of possibility that the upgrade updates the directory to the default
path. The catalog and catproc scripts contain loads of stuff,
inicluding all the DP stuff, so it is likely the CREATE OR REPACE
DIRECTORY command was run.heers

You should probably not have a rant at your colleague. I know it feels
good sometimes, but "Just because it feels good, doesn't make it
right!".

Tim...