Oracle running on AWS RDS (or SQL Server on AWS RDS)

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:49:34 -0700

We are currently evaluating running a new database on Amazon Web Service
Relational Database Service.  The decision hasn't been made whether to run
an Oracle or a SQL Server database.  Another DBA stood up a SQL Server
database on AWS, but was unimpressed with the performance.

Does anyone have any experience setting up Oracle on AWS?  What are the
pros/cons?  We must run EE 11.2; no other versions are acceptable at this
time.

Thanks for your input.

--
Sandy