RE: Oracle on Windows 2000 AS with /3GB flag

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <saints.richard@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:51:58 -0700

Allen,

Does this hold true for 64-bit Windows as well? Until seeing this thread
I was unaware of the /3GB switch available for windows. It sounds
analogous to compiling in the hugemem kernel in Linux. Or are the two
unrelated? On Technet so far the only document I have found is the
32-bit Oracle Database Platform Guide, chapter 1. Can you point out a
good source of information on this please.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center