RE: Oracle on Windows

  • From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brian.zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:26:17 -0500

Your databases may be using spfile instead of initSID.ora file. Please check
and modify it by using
alter system set processes=xxxx scope=spfile;

and then bounce the database.

Please check for %ORACLE_HOME%/database directory for spfile*.

Regards
Rafiq

Subject: Oracle on WindowsDate: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:21:33 -0500From:
Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have an 3 instances of 10g on a windows server. I needed to change the
number of processes. So I edited the init file, changed the processes, saved it
and then bounced the instance. When I do a v$parameter on processes, I still
get the old number. What the heck is wrong? Do I have to stop the service at
all? Restart it before I bring up the database?  I did set the sid for that
instance before I logged in.

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent
responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this
email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your
computer. Thank you.
http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Faster_022009