Re: Oracle on Windows

  • From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:25:09 -0500

Are you using SPFILE and not INIT file? If so, then log in to the database as sys

> alter system set processes=<new_value> scope=spfile;

Then bounce the database and your parameter should be updated.

-Bill
On Feb 11, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Zelli, Brian wrote:

We have an 3 instances of 10g on a windows server. I needed to change the number of processes. So I edited the init file, changed the processes, saved it and then bounced the instance. When I do a v $parameter on processes, I still get the old number. What the heck is wrong? Do I have to stop the service at all? Restart it before I bring up the database? I did set the sid for that instance before I logged in.

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.