RE: Oracle Management System (OEM) on linux

  • From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <email2sood@xxxxxxxxx>, <joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:30:37 -0500

Joe,

We have our OMS on Linux with

Total Monitored Targets

1656

No problems so far.

Regards

Rafiq

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 20:09:47 +0530
Subject: Re: Oracle Management System (OEM) on linux
From: email2sood@xxxxxxxxx
To: joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Joe,

I have environment on which OMS (10.2.0.5) is running on OEL x-86 and there are
18 different agents which communicate to it and it is running absolutly fine.
I never have any issues regarding it stability, though faced some oracle bugs
but those are for target monitoring and well documented.

Regards,
Saurabh Sood
www.askdba.org/weblog

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Joe Armstrong-Champ
<joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We are trying to decide whether to put our oms on linux. We've always had it on
windows so this would be new to us. Has anyone done this and if so how has it
run? Specifically, has it been consistently good in running jobs and sending
alerts? Any other useful info is also appreciated.

I already know about the problems installing it because we have a test system
installed. I'm looking for long term stability and reliability info.

Thanks.
Joe

SAURABH SOOD
ORA-DBA