RE: Oracle 11g and fine-grained invalidation

  • From: Michael Rosenblum <mrosenblum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "toon.koppelaars@xxxxxxxxxxx" <toon.koppelaars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:39:23 -0400

I will definitely talk to Bryn - but I am still wondering how many people care
about possibility of reporting on fine-grained dependencies...
Btw, last night I already started to work with PL/Scope data and looks like
I've got at least something out of it.
I modified the original Rob's query in the following way:

select
from
   ,( select i.obj#,
                  i.symrep name,
                  row_number() over(partition by i.obj# order by a.action#)
procedure#
           from sys.plscope_identifier$ i,
                sys.plscope_action$ a
           where i.signature = a.signature
           and a.action=1 -- declaration
           and context#=1 -- root elements
          ) c
where d.obj# = c.obj#
and d.colpos = c.procedure#

And from the first impression, it pretty much does what it is supposed to do. I
didn't have time to run a deep test, but a couple of basic cases (referencing
procedure/type/variable from one package to another) passed a sanity check.
I will try to get more out of it (if time permits).

Regards,
Michael Rosenblum
Dulcian Inc

P.s. Fellow Oracle-L members, if you DO care about fine-grained dependencies  -
I would love to have your responses here (maybe even with business cases)! It
will give a bit more weight to my request. Thanks in advance!