RE: ** ORA-06502

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:42:05 -0500

Joshi,

What is the size of the receiving parameter and how much data are you
storing into it?

for example:

In your calling procedure, you declared something like:

calling_str varchar2(1);

begin
procedure f_name_for_empid( 1,calling_str);
end;

If the f_name_for_empid procedure passes back anything larger than
varchar2(1), then you get the 6502 error.  If you increase the size of
the declaration of calling_str to varchar2(100) (or some other
reasonable value) then the error would probably go away.

Tom