Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jose.soares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:49:33 +0000

ORA-03113 means your session and the server process have stopped talking.
This shouldn't happen in your situation. Of course if you have further
complications (like it's not a table but a complex view, or there's a VPD
function or....) then there maybe a specifc bug/issue that you hit. In
either case the trace files mentioned earlier should give you more info

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA